I am a Philadelphia, PA based Dance/Movement Therapist and Senior & Dementia Care Advisor with 19 years of professional experience working with older individuals who have a range of cognitive and physical abilities and are from various cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. My professional history includes healthcare administration; therapeutic program design, development, and implementation; Dance/movement therapy (DMT) clinical supervision; care partner training and therapeutic program development within various senior and memory care communities; and regular Dance/movement therapy facilitation, using a person-centered, DMT and sensory hybrid approach. I am especially passionate about my work within senior and dementia care. I feel strongly that regular therapeutic engagement, creative arts involvement, and a sensory inviting setting are key components to promoting healthier aging, wellness, and quality of life.
I am currently an Off-site Clinical Dance/Movement Therapy Supervisor in Drexel University’s Department of Creative Arts Therapies and a member of the American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA). I am honored to have been a Staff Writer for the ADTA Blog.
I have presented my work at the Alzheimer’s Association’s Delaware Valley Chapter Dementia Conferences, at the 2017 Philadelphia Spring Memory Care Forum, at the November 2018 LeadingAge Meeting and EXPO, at Drexel University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions, and at various senior care organizations. I am also a published author on the topic of Dance/movement therapy in senior and dementia care and a member of The National Institute for Dementia Education (NIDE), Standards of Excellence (SOE) Council.
- Dance/movement therapy (DMT) facilitation with older individuals who have a range of cognitive and physical abilities (and their care partners), using a person-centered, DMT and sensory hybrid approach
- Senior and dementia care support, including group and individual support, care partner training, and therapeutic program development within various senior care organizations
- Ability to connect and communicate with clients who have a range of cognitive and physical abilities, using appropriate sensory engagement techniques (ie: olfactory stimuli, music, movement, touch, and supportive tools)
- DMT clinical supervision
- Extensive knowledge of (and personal affinity towards) classic jazz standards of the 1940s and 50s, as well as Soul tunes of the 1960s and 70s
- Certified Reiki practitioner