Reiki is a non-invasive Japanese healing modality that promotes well-being and balance of the mind, body and spirit. The Reiki practitioner helps to facilitate the client’s healing process and flow of energy by using gentle touch (or by keeping hands slightly above the client) with various hand positions on different parts of the body.
Benefits of Reiki
- Promotes overall relaxation
- Decreases pain, stress and anxiety
- Energizes and rejuvenates
- Increases clarity and focus
- Increases comfort level and security
- Increases sense of self
- Increases awareness
- Increases physical and emotional well-being (as emotional blockages held in the body are released)
- Promotes balance of the mind, body and spirit
- Reiki practitioners do not claim to diagnose and/or cure diseases and specific ailments.
- Reiki sessions are conducted with persons of all ages, races and ethnic backgrounds.
- Reiki sessions are held with each client individually, although may be practiced in a smaller group setting (circle formation). In a small group setting the Reiki practitioner would administer Reiki to each client one at a time for a shorter duration while engaging in meaningful conversation with the other members.
- Each Reiki session can last anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes depending upon the needs of the client.
- Reiki sessions may be conducted in many different private/semi-private types of settings (recreation rooms of healthcare establishments, wellness centers, places of worship, hospital rooms, schools and classrooms, community centers, etc.).
- Clients may lie on either a massage table or bed, or sit in a recliner, chair or wheelchair during the Reiki session, depending upon comfort level and physical limitations.
- Soft, soothing music may be played in the background during the Reiki session to promote deeper relaxation and a sense of comfort for the client.